GOED is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit trade association committed to transparency and proper governance.
Our organization is governed by our bylaws, which set forth the responsibilities and commitments of our board and committee members, as well as the rights of our members.
Code of Ethics and Business Practices
GOED members commit to following GOED's Code of Ethics and Business Practices, as well as the standards in the GOED Voluntary Monograph, as a condition of membership in our organization. We have a defined process for investigating ethics and Monograph violations by our members. Any member of the public may make an allegation against our members to our board, which will form a special task force to investigate the issue and determine any sanctions, if necessary.
GOED Code of Ethics (updated January 2017)
The previous code of ethics can be found here: GOED Code of Ethics.
Annual Report and Financial Returns
GOED has issued its first annual report for 2016, which can be accessed here:
Since GOED is a not-for-profit US-based corporation, our tax returns are a matter of public record. Our tax year is on a calendar year basis, so you may access our latest returns by checking here.
- GOED’s 10 year anniversary
- AHA advisory on omega-3s effectiveness for CVD sufferers seen as win for industry
- Low omega-3 intakes a ‘concern’ for pregnant women: US data
- Almost half of all deaths from heart disease & diabetes linked to diet: JAMA study
- Precedent setting: The development and legacy of the GOED monograph