GOED is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit trade association committed to transparency and proper governance.
Our organization is governed by our bylaws, which set forth the responsibilities and commitments of our board and committee members, as well as the rights of our members.
Code of Ethics and Business Practices
GOED members commit to following GOED's Code of Ethics and Business Practices, as well as the standards in the GOED Voluntary Monograph, as a condition of membership in our organization. We have a defined process for investigating ethics and Monograph violations by our members. Any member of the public may make an allegation against our members to our board, which will form a special task force to investigate the issue and determine any sanctions, if necessary.
GOED Code of Ethics (updated January 2017)
The previous Codes of Ethics can be found here:
Annual Report and Financial Returns
Since GOED is a not-for-profit US-based corporation, our tax returns are a matter of public record. Our tax year is on a calendar year basis, so you may access our latest returns by checking here.
- GOED Appoints New Board Officers
- Omega-3 fatty acid content should be expressed by weight, not area percent, says GOED in industry advisory | Nutritional Outlook
- Marine Ingredients: Sourcing From The Sea
- Review identifies potential modes of action for omega-3s and anxiety
- GOED targets health practitioners with new omega-3 educational campaign | Nutritional Outlook