GOED is a proactive trade association whose members are involved in the supply, manufacture and distribution of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) omega-3 fatty acids. The organization's objectives are to promote and protect the category, educate consumers about the health benefits of EPA/DHA, and work with government groups, the healthcare community and the industry, while setting high standards for its business sector. GOED and its members are committed to personal integrity, ethical corporate behavior, public safety and quality assurance. Part of this mission is educating other interested parties such as media, the larger nutraceutical industry, consumers and healthcare practitioners about important issues related to EPA and DHA omega-3s.
Click the appropriate link to learn more.
Information for Industry
- Omega-3 supplement restrictions in Indonesia reversed after pressure from trade associations
- Fish oils & bleeding risk: Extensive review supports safety of supplements
- Most NZ fish oil supplements meet label claims, oxidation levels: GOED analysis
- Educating consumers on omega-3 benefits, and reminding them of those, remains challenge, event attendees told
- DHA vs EPA: Which omega-3 is better for raising the Omega-3 Index?