Approvals and Registration
This page provides information about approvals and registrations related to long-chain omega-3 rich oils in different geographies around the world. Information will be added to the website as it is collected.
Australia: Therapeutic goods entered in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) can be lawfully sold in Australia.
Search the ARTG
Canada: Among other information, the Natural Health Products Ingredients Database (NHPID) provides information on single ingredient and product monographs.
Search the NHPID
China: The following includes information about standards relevant to omega-3 ingredients in China.
Click here to see approvals and registrations in China. / (给中国用户)
EU: The following includes information regarding the regulatory status of omega-3 ingredients in the EU.
Click here to see approvals and registrations in the EU.
U.S. Notifications in the U.S. include New Dietary Ingredient notifications and GRAS notifications.
New Dietary Ingredient Notifications
- GRN 41: DHASCO(docosahexaenoic acid-rich single-cell oil)
- GRN 94: Docosahexaenoicacid-rich oil from tuna (DHA-rich tuna oil)
- GRN 102: Small planktivorous pelagic fish body oil
- GRN 105: Fish oil concentrate
- GRN 109: Tuna oil
- GRN 137: Algal oil(Schizochytrium sp.)
- GRN 138: Fish oil
- GRN 146: Salmon oil
- GRN 193: Fish oil(predominantly sardine and anchovy); tuna oil
- GNR 200: Tailored triglyceridesenriched in omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil
- GRN 242: Krill oil
- GRN 319: Micro-algal oilUlkenia sp. SAM2179
- GRN 355: Eicosapentaenoic acid(EPA)-rich triglyceride oil from Yarrowia lipolytica
- GRN 371: Krill oil
- GRN 379: Tuna oil
- GRN 553: Algal oil (40%docosahexaenoic acid) derived from Schizochytrium sp.
- GRN 677: Docosahexaenoic acidoil produced in Schizochytrium sp.
- GRN 776: Algal oil (35%docosahexaenoic acid) from Schizochytrium sp. strain FCC-1324
- GRN 777: Algal oil (55%docosahexaenoic acid) from Schizochytrium sp. strain FCC-3204