GOED creates technical and regulatory advisories for members and industry on an as-needed basis.
- This Technical Report provides practical information to ensure that finished products consistently contain the amount of EPA and DHA stated on the label.
Meeting Label Claims for EPA and DHA (August 22, 2023)
- This industry advisory brings together the current knowledge about potential points of contamination of EPA/DHA omega-3 oils with mineral oil hydrocarbons (MOH), how to reduce the risk of such contamination and how to reduce MOH levels in EPA/DHA omega-3 oils that are known to contain MOH.
MOH Mitigation (December 2022)
- This Industry Advisory provides practical approaches and tips to improve the accuracy of EPA and DHA quantification by GC-FID.
GOED has issued an Industry Advisory assessing the issue of micro- and nanoplastic particle contamination in fish oils.
Micro- and Nanoplastic Particle Contamination in EPA/DHA Omega-3 Oils (December 2018)
This Industry Advisory outlines the correct way to express the content of EPA, DHA, and fatty acid content in omega-3 oils.
GOED Industry Advisory: Correct Expression of EPA, DHA and Total Omega-3 Fatty Acid Content in Oils (October 2018)
GOED and its Technical Committee have developed guidelines for handling oxidation challenges in the processing of omega-3 oils, which can be accessed below. These are best practices and are not meant to replace the oxidation limits in the GOED Voluntary Monograph.
GOED Best-Practice Guidelines on Oxidation Control(September 2017)
- GOED has issued an Industry Advisory on the recurring videos showing ethyl ester omega-3s dissolving a polystyrene cup
Ethyl Esters and Polystyrene (May 2016)
- GOED has issued an Industry Advisory on omega-3 immunity claims in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
GOED Advisory on Omega-3 Immunity Claims (March 2020)
- GOED has issued an Industry Advisory on regulatory oversight of dietary supplements claims in the US market.
GOED Advisory on US Dietary Supplement Claims (November 2018)