Safety and Intake Assessments
GOED commissioned Exponent to perform an EU intake assessment of EPA/DHA rich oils compared to vegetable oils.
- Intake Assessment of EPA/DHA Omega-3 Oils using Data from the European Union (2023)
- Intake Assessment of Vegetable Oil using Food Consumption Data from the European Union (2023)
- Summary of the Intake Assessment of EPA/DHA Omega-3 Oils and Vegetable Oil using Food Consumption Data from the European Union (2023)
GOED has commissioned several assessments to document the safety of EPA and DHA omega-3s.
Several geographies have published safety/upper limit assessments. Click on the links below for more information.
- Australia: TGA Safety Assessment of Fish Oil and Omega-3 Fatty Acids (2010)
- EU: EFSA Scientific Opinion on Upper Intake Levels for EPA and DHA (2012)
- Germany: BFR Recommendation for Omega-3 Maximum Levels in Fortified Foods (2009)
- Norway: Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM) Fish Oil Risk Assessment (2011)