UNPA FSVP Course for Foods and Dietary Supplements
February 11 - 12, 2020
Do you import food, dietary ingredients or finished dietary supplements?
Are you complaint with the FVSP rule?
This course is designed to help participants understand the role of food importers under the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) rule, part of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The training covers the FSVP requirements for dietary supplements, including for raw materials distributors, manufacturers and processors importing components and for those importing finished products from foreign suppliers.
At the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of FSVP requirements
- Define an FSVP importer and a foreign supplier
- Describe the substances subject to and exempt from FSVP requirements
- Describe the FSVP requirements (standard and modified) and to whom they apply
- Discuss the importance of early communication between importers, foreign suppliers and others in the supply chain in meeting FSVP requirements
- Understand the requirements for dietary supplements