GOED Publishes Report on Supplement Users in the United States
The Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED), in partnership with Trust Transparency Center, a global strategy and insights organization, has published a report detailing market research on supplement consumers in the United States. The report is based on market research done on 1,000 U.S. consumers in June 2021 and includes details on:
- Demographics of the typical omega-3 consumer;
- Monthly spend, on average, on omega-3 supplements;
- Omega-3 consumers’ health concerns, how they compare to the typical supplement consumer, and how these change depending on the age of the consumer;
- Product attributes that most impact purchase decisions and factors driving omega-3 supplement usage; and
- The importance of transparency and sustainability to the U.S. consumer.
“One of the things we learned in this report is that a majority of those surveyed believe in omega-3s and/or experience the benefits for themselves,” said Ellen Schutt, executive director of GOED. “Other data and insights uncovered in this report would be helpful for both manufacturers and marketers who target consumers in the U.S.”
The report is available for purchase online for US$599. GOED members can obtain the report at a discounted rate. Click here to learn more.